Recently I was asked to give Women’s Fitness readers advice on how to bounce back from job rejections and career setbacks.
Be sure to check out the April edition which is on sale now and below are some additional tips to keep your head up and motivated when your job searching is getting you down.
Tips to stay motivated when you’re dealing with your career setback:
- Feeling sad, disappointment and lacking motivation is normal however it’s important to not let this take over your job search and career aspirations. Give yourself a maximum of 24 hours to feel the disappointment and to get over the setback and then return to a positive frame of mind to find your next exciting opportunity.
- Step away from your job search after an undesirable outcome to get your mind off what has happened. Exercise, walks, getting outside and time away from your computer/phone is a great way to get re-energised, motivated and focused on the next opportunity.
- Remember to reflect on your performance and acknowledge the positives. Start with personal reflection taking note of where you were most comfortable and where you have improved.
- Focus on the positives, keep improving, moving forward and number one, do not be too harsh on yourself. There will be other interviews and opportunities to succeed in your career.
- Rebuild your confidence by keeping a positive attitude, reflecting on feedback and continuing to look for new positions.
- Applying for jobs is a job in itself, and it takes time to find the right job. Be patient and focus your energy on the right positions that will give you the best chance at success, rather than applying for everything you see and crossing your fingers in the hope of an interview.
For more advice check out my blog posts or contact me for specific and confidential support specific to your current situation.